uClibc-ng - Embedded C library
What is it?
uClibc-ng is a small C library for developing embedded Linux systems. It is much smaller than the GNU C Library, but nearly all applications supported by glibc also work perfectly with uClibc-ng.
Porting applications from glibc to uClibc-ng typically involves just recompiling the source code. uClibc-ng supports shared libraries and threading. It currently runs on standard Linux and MMU-less (also known as uClinux) systems with support for Aarch64, Alpha, ARC, ARM, AVR32, Blackfin, CRIS, FR-V, H8/300, HPPA, i386, IA64, LM32, M68K/Coldfire, Metag, Microblaze, MIPS, MIPS64, NDS32, NIOS2, OpenRISC, PowerPC, Sparc, SuperH, X86_64 and XTENSA processors. Alpha, FR-V, HPPA, IA64, LM32 and NIOS2 are experimental and need more testing.
Beginning with 1.0.20, the test suite is split off into its own git repository uClibc-ng-test.
1.0.22 (Codename Brugse Zot) released 01.02.2017
Projects using uClibc-ng
- OpenADK http://www.openadk.org
- Buildroot http://www.buildroot.org
- Crosstool-NG http://crosstool-ng.org
- Optware-ng https://github.com/Optware/Optware-ng
- Entware-ng https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-ng
- Bering-uClibc http://bering-uclibc.zetam.org/wiki/Bering-uClibc_6.x
- Gentoo https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-libs/uclibc-ng
Get the source via the following command:
- git clone git://uclibc-ng.org/git/uclibc-ng
- git clone git://uclibc-ng.org/git/uclibc-ng-test
Or via HTTP/HTTPS (can be used with a proxy):
- git clone http://git.uclibc-ng.org/git/uclibc-ng.git
- git clone http://git.uclibc-ng.org/git/uclibc-ng-test.git
GIT is mirrored here:
- You can chat with us via IRC #uclibc-ng @ irc.freenode.net
- You can subscribe to the developer mailinglist and sent an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any comments, patches or criticism you can also send directly an e-mail to wbx at uclibc-ng dot org
uClibc-ng is a spin-off of uClibc (from Erik Andersen) from http://www.uclibc.org. Our main goal is to provide regulary a stable and tested release to make embedded system developers happy.
Thanks to following companies or people for hardware donations:
- Arcturus Networks Inc. - Blackfin + Coldfire Development Boards
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. - Xilinx Kintex 7 FPGA KC705 incl. Daughterboard
- Andes Technology Corporation - FPGA Development Board for NDS32
- Soldrun Ltd. - Clearfog ARM Board
- Rob Wehrli - Hitachi EDOSK2674 H8S development board and t-shirt
If you want to help the project with money to compensate costs for hosting and hardware, please use following link https://www.paypal.me/wbx